Mums and Bubs Yoga
A fun class for Mums to attend with their bubs and enjoy the many benefits of authentic, holistic yoga sessions. Suitable for mums with bubs from birth to crawling.
Wednesday 11.00am – 12:00m
Term 1, 2024 from 7th Feb $123.00 (7 weeks)
Term 2, 2024 from 17th Apr $191.00 (11 weeks)
or Casual rate: $20 per class + $16 annual membership fee
- WHEN CAN I START DOING MUMS & BUBS CLASSES?
After your baby is born, you will have a scheduled check up with your midwife, obstetrician or GP. At this appointment they will tell you if you have the all clear to return to gentle exercise. When that happens, we’d love to see you!
- CAN I DO THIS CLASS IF I HAVE NEVER DONE YOGA BEFORE?
Absolutely! This class is gentle and full of modifications so it’s suitable for complete beginners.
- WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO A YOGA CLASS?
– Bring a blanket for bubs to lay on and a few of their favourite toys.
– Feeding (breast and bottle) is encouraged in this class and if you’re comfortable, you don’t even need to leave your mat.
– Yoga Mats and equipment are provided. If you like, you can use a specialised non-slip yoga towel over the top of your mat although it’s not necessary.
– Bring a drink of water.
– Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in.
- IS THERE ANY CLASS ETIQUETTE I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?
– Please turn your phone off or place it on silent before you come in.
– Remove your shoes as soon as you’re in the door and place your bags etc. to the side of the room keeping the space around your mat clear.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MUMS AND BUBS YOGA?
Mums and Bubs Yoga can have several benefits for both new mothers and their babies, including:1. Physical benefits: The gentle yoga poses can help new mothers regain strength, flexibility, and tone in their bodies after giving birth. The poses can also help to alleviate common postpartum issues such as back pain, neck tension, and pelvic floor weakness.
2. Emotional benefits: Mums and Bubs Yoga can be a great way for new mothers to connect with other mums who are going through similar experiences. It can also provide a safe and supportive space for mothers to practice self-care and reduce stress and anxiety.
3. Bonding with baby: The classes often include activities that encourage bonding and interaction between mother and baby, such as baby massage, singing, and gentle movements that involve the baby.
4. Improved sleep: The relaxation techniques and breathing exercises taught in Mums and Bubs Yoga can help both mother and baby to sleep better.
5. Increased confidence: Practicing yoga with their babies can help new mothers feel more confident in their ability to care for and connect with their babies.
Overall, Mums and Bubs Yoga can be a wonderful way for new mothers to take care of their physical and emotional health, while also bonding with their babies.