Pending further updates, Balwyn Community Centre and Child Care remains open. Classes and workshops are running as scheduled. This email is to reassure you and to outline what Balwyn Community Centre is doing during the Coronavirus pandemic and what you can do to protect yourself, staff and other members while you are at the Centre.
What we are doing:
- Balwyn Community Centre will adhere to guidelines set down by the Victorian State Government’s Department of Health and Human Services.
- We are taking extra measures to keep the Centre clean. Our maintenance officer, Glenn is disinfecting hard surfaces, taps, sinks and doorknobs twice daily. Desks are being sanitised before each class.
- We have set up designated hand-washing sinks for every person who enters the building.
- Upon entering the building, we are advising all members, staff, tutors and visitors to wash their hands at a designated hand-washing station before going to your classroom. Posters with instructions on how to wash your hands properly have been placed at these stations.
- Extra desks have been put into classrooms as required so that classmates can sit at least 1.5 metres away from one another.
What you can do:
- Please refrain from entering the BCC building if you have any of the following:
A fever or respiratory symptoms
Cold or flu symptoms such as sneezing, coughing or a runny nose
Children or family members with cold or flu symptoms
- If you are feeling unwell or have returned home from overseas travel after March 16, please do not enter the BCC building until you have completed 14 days of self-isolation.
- If you are an older adult with a pre-existing medical condition, please take extra precautions.
- Upon entering the building please wash your hands at one of the designated hand-washing stations.
- Please sit 1.5 metres away from your classmates. If you find that you need an extra desk, please tell us at the Office.
- If you start to feel unwell during your class, please leave the class. Let your tutor and the office know and we will do what we can to help.
- If you use a cup, mug, cutlery or plate please ensure that you rinse it and then place it in the dishwasher to be washed. It is important that all cutlery and crockery is washed in dishwasher after use. You’re welcome to bring your own mug and spoon if you prefer.
- If you attend an exercise or yoga class at the Centre, it is highly important that you bring a sweat towel and/or a towel to cover your yoga mat. If you use equipment in your class such as weights, please bring 2 small towels to use when holding equipment.
- Do a self-assessment of your risk for Coronavirus.
Enrolment and refunds
- As of the time of writing this email, Term 2 courses will go ahead as planned. Please enrol in your Term 2 course.
- If you have already enrolled in your Term 2 class and it does not go ahead you will receive a full refund. If the class starts later in the term you will receive a refund or credit for the weeks it did not run.
We understand that you may be feeling uncertain at this time. Our staff and tutors are doing everything that we can to protect our members. If you need extra support, please reach out to family and loved ones, or look to online resources from Beyond Blue. We will keep you updated about what is happening at BCC over the coming weeks.