FEES AND REFUND POLICY – Courses and Activities
- Fees are to be paid in full at the time of booking, or at the latest, by the advertised due date prior to the commencement of the class/activity, unless arrangements for late payment have been made with the Centre in advance.
- If fees are not paid by the due date the booking may be cancelled. The place will then be offered to the next person on the waiting list.
- Deposits are not accepted for enrolment into classes. Depending on the demand for enrolment in a course, places may be held for an agreed period of time on the understanding that there is a payment deadline that must be met before commencing a class or activity.
- Payments for a class can be made via the website, cash, by cheque and by credit card (in person, by ‘phone or direct debit).
- Tutors are not authorised to accept payments from students.
- All outstanding payments will be referred to the Treasurer of the Committee of Governance for action.
- Full refund of fees will be given if the class is cancelled by the Centre.
- If a participant withdraws from their class/activity one week or more before commencement, a full refund will be given.
- If a member withdraws from their class less than one week before commencement, an administration fee will be charged.
- The administration fee will be $20.
- No refund will be given after a class/activity has begun.
- Class fees cannot be transferred to payment for the following term but may be transferred to another class.
This notice is an exert from the policy adopted by the Balwyn Community Centre Committee of Governance on the 26 June 2018.